Fan Facts Beyoncé
In addition to serving as her own manager, Beyoncé has proven herself a successful businesswoman outside music. She founded the House of Deréon clothing line with her mother, in addition to launching several fragrance lines including: Heat and Pulse. She's also signed multi-million dollar endorsement deals with Pepsi (commercial below), American Express, and L'Oreal.
- Survivor Foundation - Beyoncé teamed up with former Destiny’s Child bandmate, Kelly Rowland, to form the Survivor Foundation, which provides relief to victims of natural disasters. Also built the Knowles Temenos Place Apartments in the greater Houston area.
- Other Charities - Cites several charity organizations on her website including Chime for Change, Girl Up, Elevate Network, International Planned Parenthood Federation, Girls Inc. of Greater Houston, and I Was Here.
- Beyoncé Cosmetology Center - Established the Beyoncé Cosmetology Center at the nonprofit Phoenix House in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Served as ambassador for the 2012 World Humanitarian Day.
Nicknames and Alter Egos
- Queen B
- Princess of Pop
- Sasha Fierce was Beyoncé’s alter ego, and was created in 2003 to help her get over shyness on stage. She told Allure Magazine in 2010 that she no longer feels the need for a stage persona.
Beyonce in Concert
- Beyoncé’s father, Mathew, managed Destiny’s Child and her solo career until 2011.
- Her mother, Tina (left), has been involved with Beyoncé’s career for years, beginning with designing the wardrobe for Destiny’s Child.
- Her sister, Solange (middle), also is a successful R&B singer.
- Highest Earning Power Couple - Married rapper, Jay-Z, on April 4, 2008. In 2010, Guinness World Records named them the Highest Earning Power Couple, after earning $122 million that year.
- Billboard Record - The couple’s first daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was born on Jan. 7, 2012. Two days later Blue became the youngest person to land on the Billboard charts, as her cries were recorded on the Jay-Z track "Glory."
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Staying home and watching TV
- Sitting courtside with husband Jay-Z at Brooklyn Nets games
- Visiting museums while on tour
- Swimming in the ocean
An interview with Beyoncé for a 2011 issue of Marie Claire revealed a long list of the singer's "loves" that included New York, the style of Kate Moss, "Jersey Shore" as her favorite TV show, Oreo cookies for favorite food, and "A Star is Born" was her favorite movie.