Officially opened in 1875, Churchill Downs stands as one of the most iconic horse racing tracks in the world. Whether you're a seasoned veteran or first-time attendee, be sure to check out event information below detailing Churchill Downs seating, parking, accessibility, and more to ensure your day at the track goes smoothly on Sat. May 2, 2015 12:00 PM.
Churchill Downs Seating Chart
- Infield - (Track Level) - The infield is located inside the track, and this section is standing room only. It offers a great, ground-level view of the horses as they come down the final stretch.
- Grandstand - (Sections 119-128, 221-225, and 322-325) - The Grandstand seats are situated on the eastern end of the track, and it's separated into three distinct levels: Grandstand (Sec. 322-325), Grandstand Terrace (Sec. 119-128), and Grandstand Mezzanine (Sec. 221-225). These seats offer a splendid view of the horses as they speed towards the finish line.
- Clubhouse - (Sections 110-119CH, 212, 218, 220, and 312-321) - Considering the close proximity to the finish line, Clubhouse seats are some of the most coveted at Churchill Downs. This section is divided into Clubhouse (Sections 110-119, 312-321), Clubhouse Mezzanine (Sections 212, 218, 220), and the 2nd Floor Clubhouse. Guests that sit in sections 312-321 will enjoy covered, box seats, while fans in sections 116-117 will enjoy a close-up view of the horses rushing through the finish line.
Churchill Downs Premium Seating
- Infield Club - (Track Level) -This section is a tented, VIP lounge area within the infield that offers cocktail service, executive restrooms, private betting windows, jumbo televisions, and multiple bars.
- Millionaires Row - (4th Floor and 6th Floor) - Millionaires Row is located on the 4th and 6th floors, and offers a great view of the race in complete luxury. Inside, attendees will enjoy the convenience of Mutuel Tellers, multiple televisions, self-wagering machines, and access to the Chef's Table buffet. Similarly, fans can choose to sit in the Skye Terrace, which is adjacent to Millionaires Row and located in Sections 412-414, 513-514, 613-614.
- Suites - (4th, 5th & 6th Floor) - Fans can choose from a plethora of great suites, including the Jockey Club Suites, Finish Line Suites, Interior Premium Boxes, First Turn Suites, and Matt Winn Room tables. Inside, these suites offer luxurious amenities like custom catering, private tables, self-wagering machines, wet bars, and premium service.
- Turf Club - (4th Floor) - The Turf Club is perhaps the most coveted section in the venue. This area is known for its celebrity sightings, and fans inside will enjoy a great view of the finish line along with luxurious amenities like a full meal, top-shelf bar, and private tables.
- Select Rooms - There are select rooms located throughout the venue, including the Gold Room, Silks Room, ITW Carrels Room, Oaks Room, Triple Crown Room, and the Stakes and Aristides Rooms. These rooms offer great privacy and premium views of the race in a luxurious setting.
Churchill Downs Parking Information
If you drive to Churchill Downs for races other than the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks, complimentary parking is available at the Longfield Parking Lot (Gate 10) on a first-come, first-served basis. Valet parking is available for $5. For Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks races, the Longfield Parking Lot spaces must be purchased in advance, but parking is available nearby at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium and at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center. If you're interested in public transportation, Miller Transportation offers round trip shuttles that drop off attendees at Gate 17. Also, Miller Transportation offers shuttle van, minibus, and charter services as well. There are also numerous taxis servicing the Louisville area.
Churchill Downs Gate Times
The Churchill Downs gates generally open at 8 a.m., but times will vary on race day for the Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby.
Churchill Downs Accessibility Information
There is handicap parking available in the Longfield Parking Lot (Gate 10), and guests in need of wheelchair assistance can utilize a convenient drop off area there as well. Once inside, Churchill Downs offers first-come, first-served handicap accessible seating for disabled guests on the first, second, and third floor. On the first floor, handicap seating is available in rows B and D in sections 113-118. On the second floor, boxes are available in Section 115 (K08, K16-17, L02-03,) and Section 116 (K03, K09). On the third floor, there is accessible seating in Section 315.