Fan Facts Jason Aldean
Aldean married his high school sweetheart, Jessica Ussery, on Aug. 4, 2001. They'd been together since Aldean was 17 years old, though in late 2012, Aldean was caught kissing former American Idol contestant Brittany Kerr. He and Ussery originally planned to work things out, but Aldean ultimately filed for divorce in April 2013 citing irreconcilable differences. They have two daughters together, Keeley and Kendyl, and Aldean told PEOPLE magazine in 2012 thattucking his daughters into bed at night is one of his favorite parts of the day
A big fan of Georgia football, Aldean a bulldog named Athens, named for the location of the university.
Aldean has a “Man Barn” on his 1,300-acre farm, which includes televisions, a full bar, leather couches, and Georgia Bulldogs decorations. The farm has been dubbed “Black Jack Ridge.”
If he could have dinner with anyone, Aldean said in a 2012 interview with CMT that he would select his grandparents, who both died when he was young.
- Aldean's dad was the first person to get him hooked on guitar and singing, as did his guitar-playing uncle who were major influences.
- As an artist, it's clear Aldean appreciates all genres of music, as he's initiated duets with fellow musicians like Kelly Clarkson and Ludacris, who collaborated with Aldean for “Dirt Road Anthem” and ended up making a guest appearance at Aldean's concert at Sanford Stadium at the University of Georgia.
In an interview with Shave Magazine, Aldean cited Alabama as his favorite band, and he even got the chance to work with guitarist Randy Owen on his album, "Wide Open." He also stated that “Alabama was like the Beatles for me, so working with him was definitely one of the highlights.” Country artists Dwight Yoakam, John Anderson and John Mellencamp have also been said to have influenced Aldean. Told US 99.9 it's difficult to pinpoint one favorite song, but said if he could tour with anyone he'd pick Elvis Presley and George Strait.
Hobbies & Interests
Loves the Georgia Bulldogs and spends every Saturday he can watching games. Played the first-ever concert at the University of Georgia’s Sanford Stadium for over 60,000 fans in April 2013.
- DVRs his favorite shows which according to an interview with Entertainment Weekly includes CSI: Miami, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Entourage, Eastbound and Down and Grey’s Anatomy.
- Huge Martin Lawrence Fan.
- Has the arcade version of the Donkey Kong machine, which Aldean told EW he thinks looks like a roller rink in his house. Also has an arcade version of “bags” in his game room, which is often referred to as "cornhole" in the south.
- Told US 99.5 he loves hunting, especially turkey hunting (sometimes with fellow country star and friend, Luke Bryan). He brings his bow and arrow under the bus and will often shoot backstage during tours.
- Favorite video game is Modern Warfare.
- Likes playing virtual football and baseball on his PS2 and PS3. Aldean and his bandmates often play Madden and have tournaments while on tour to pass the time.
- Loves playing golf in his spare time and always brings his clubs on tour.
- Is a co-owner of Buck Commander alongside “Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson, baseball stars Ryan Langerhans, Adam LaRoche and Tombo Martin, and Luke Bryan. Together, the group has a show called “Buck Commander: Protected by Under Armour” on the Outdoor Channel.
Jason Aldean: Athlete
In several interviews over the years, Aldean has revealed that his passion early on was baseball and he even received several offers from colleges, but was tired of school and ultimately turned them down. Though he obviously went on to become a massive country star, it appears Aldean never lost his talents and when he got the chance to practice with the Atlanta Braves in 2012, team manager Fredi Gonzalez remarked that, "He's the best celebrity I've seen. We get a lot of celebrities coming through here to do a lot of this stuff. He's by far, the best I've been around at doing that kind of stuff."
Two of his lucky numbers date back to baseball, as he's said 3 and 9 were past jersey numbers. He was No. 3 because of Dale Murphy from the Atlanta Braves and his daughter just started playing softball and wears the number as well.
Aldean has a line of cowboy hats from Resistol and is the spokesperson for Wrangler Retro Jeans.
In a 2012 interview with the Chicago Tribune, Aldean stated that his first guitar was a busted Bentley from his father and his first nice guitar was a Takamine. He still uses Takamine acoustic guitars and a Red Monkey “Buck Commander” guitar strap while he performs.
After earning a spot in a bar's house band, Aldean saved up enough money to buy his first car, a rusty, 1985 Toyota pick-up truck that was eight years old at the time. The vehicle is referenced in his song, "Dirt Road Anthem."