Official Rules for the Vivid Seats Ultimate Father Daughter Fan Contest
Official Rules for the Vivid Seats Ultimate Father Daughter Fan Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Contest Description: The Vivid Seats Ultimate Father Daughter Fan Contest (“Contest”) begins February 1, 2024 at 10:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends February 5, 2024 at 11:59 pm CT (the “Submission Period”). Eligible individuals may participate by commenting on one of Sponsor’s Posts (defined below) or by creating their own post in accordance with these Official Rules during the Submission Period. Comments and/or posts made in accordance with these Official Rules will be evaluated by Sponsor in accordance with the judging procedures detailed under the “Winner Determination” section below.
2. Sponsor: Vivid Seats LLC, 24 E Washington, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60602 (“Sponsor”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platforms, such as X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, or TikTok (“Social Media Platforms”). Any questions, comments or complaints about this Contest should be directed to Sponsor and not any Social Media Platform.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States (including D.C. and excluding residents of Puerto Rico) who as of the date of entry are 18 years of age or older (19 years of age or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska and 21 years of age or older if a resident of Mississippi). Employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor and any of its parent and affiliate companies, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, agents, brokers and advertising, promotion and other agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Contest, as well as members of the immediate family (spouse, parents, children and siblings, whether biological, adoptive, step or in-law) and household members of such individuals are not eligible to participate or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning the Prize (defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Those who meet these eligibility requirements and take steps to participate are referred to as “Participants” in these Official Rules. Limit of one (1) entry per person/per social media account.
4. How to Participate: During the Submission Period, visit any of Sponsor’s Social Media Platforms and find the Ultimate Father Daughter Fan Contest post (the “Post”). To enter the Contest, during the Submission Period you must: (1) either comment on the Post OR post on your own Social Media Platform and, in the comment or post (2) show and/or tell Sponsor (in narrative, photo and/or video form) why you are the ultimate father daughter duo brought together this football season by Taylor Swift and include the hashtag #VividMoments. In the event you choose to post to your own Social Media Platform, you must have a public profile; your post must be viewable without request/permission through the Submission Period and subsequent evaluation by Sponsor. Participant’s social media account(s) associated with the Submission must comply with (i) these Official Rules; (ii) the Submission requirements detailed below; and (iii) the terms and guidelines applicable to the Social Media Platforms. Each entry shall be referred to as a “Submission”. Your Submission must meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules and the Post to be eligible. Neither Sponsor nor any of their respective parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies, advertising/promotion agencies, other promotion-affiliated entities, Social Media Platforms, or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives or assignees (collectively “Released Parties”) are liable for any disputes between participants related to the Submission. By entering, you agree to release the Released Parties of any and all liability and responsibility in connection with this Contest. If any dispute regarding a Submission or a Participant cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the Submission will be deemed ineligible. SUBMISSIONS OR PARTICIPATION MAY NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED. IN FACT, SUBMISSIONS MAY BE DESTROYED AFTER THE SUBMISSION PERIOD. KEEP A COPY OR THE ORIGINAL OF EACH ELEMENT OF THE ENTRY, INCLUDING YOUR SUBMISSION. ANY SUBMISSION THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES MAY, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE.
Sponsor’s platform clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest. Submissions must be posted and received by Sponsor during the Submission Period and all participation must be in strict accordance with the instructions and restrictions in the Post and in these Official Rules. For purposes of this Contest, submitting or attempting to post a Submission (such as, without limitation, a screen grab) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of the Submission for purposes of this Contest. Those who do not abide by these Official Rules and the instructions of Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. Submissions that are incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, fraudulent, illegitimate, incomprehensible, garbled, or generated by a macro, bot, or other automated means will not be accepted and will be void. Submissions or participation made on behalf of a Participant by a third party not affiliated or associated with that Participant (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) or originating through any commercial promotion subscription, notification, or participating services will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest.
5. Submission Requirements: Participant’s Submission must meet all of the requirements in these Official Rules, including the following, or the Submission will be disqualified:
- All aspects of the Submission must be originally created by and solely owned by the Participant (or be in the public domain). Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of compliance with this requirement or the Submission may be subject to disqualification.
- Participant must not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyright (including moral rights), trademark, trade secret, or rights of privacy or publicity.
- Submissions must not include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory (include trade libel), disparaging, unlawfully harassing, threatening, profane, obscene, pornographic, hateful, indecent, inappropriate, or injurious to any Released Party or any other party.
- Submissions must not contain or describe any harmful or illegal activity or content or in any way violate any federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
- Submissions must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
- Submissions must not suggest, depict, or describe any inappropriate, unlawful, or dangerous behavior.
You agree that your participation in the Contest and agreement to these Official Rules and any Released Party’s display and use of your Submission permitted under these Official Rules will not violate any agreement to which you are a signatory or party. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify the Released Parties against any and all claims from any third party for any use or reuse by any Released Party of the Submission permitted under these Rules.
6. Prize/Approximate Retail Values: One (1) winner will be chosen from all eligible Submissions. The winner will receive two (2) tickets to Super Bowl LVIII at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada on February 11, 2024, with a value of up to fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000) (the “Tickets”) and a ten-thousand-dollar $10,000 travel stipend (“Travel Stipend”) (collectively, the “Prize”). Total ARV: twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000). The Travel Stipend will be fulfilled via ACH deposit; the Tickets will be fulfilled via email and will be sent to the email address provided to Sponsor by the winner. Please check your junk folder if you do not see the email containing your Prize details. The Prize will be fulfilled within two (2) days following winner verification. In the event the Prize will be fulfilled through a different process other than as set forth in these Official Rules, such process will be communicated to the winner by Sponsor. In some jurisdictions, to the extent required by applicable law, a winner’s or potential winner’s first initial, last name, and their state and country other general information may be provided or posted on a Sponsor website or elsewhere publicly.
All Prize and Prize fulfillment details not specifically stated in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All taxes (federal, state, and local), as well as any expenses not specified in these Rules as being provided as part of the Prize, are the sole responsibility of each winner; the winner may be required to complete a W-9 and may receive a 1099 for the value of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace any, lost, mutilated, or stolen Prize or Prize component, or any Prize/Prize component that is undeliverable or does not reach the winner because of incorrect or changed contact information. If the winner does not accept or use the entire Prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the Prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to the Prize or portion of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of the winner to accept or use the Prize (or portion of any Prize) for any reason. The winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the Prize. No transfers, Prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any stated Prize or portion of the Prize with another prize or portion of a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. No more than the stated Prize will be awarded. Participants waive the right to assert, as a cost of winning the Prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim or use the Prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said Prize.
It is the winner’s sole responsibility to comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting a valid passport and/or other necessary identification (including photograph) at the time of travel. Schedules are subject to change without notice. The Released Parties are not responsible for any act or omissions whatsoever by air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies or any other persons providing any trip-related services or accommodations. The Released Parties are not liable for any missed events, opportunities or expenses incurred because of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other event except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Released Parties. The winner is responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Any taxes (federal, state, and local) and all expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are not included as part of the Prize, and are solely your responsibility, including, but not limited to: taxes, additional ground transportation at the destination(s), carrier fees, government charges, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food and beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. Transportation carrier and hotel policies and regulations apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability.
7. Winner Determination: At the end of the Submission Period, eligible Submissions will be judged by a panel of Sponsor-selected judges (“Judges”). The winner will be chosen from all valid Submissions received during the Submission Period by 11:59 pm CT on February 6, 2024. The Judges will use the following criteria according to the percentage weights indicated (the “Criteria”) to evaluate the Submissions and select the winner:
- How well the Submission expresses the theme of the Contest, as described in Section 4 “How to Participate” above (60%)
- The quality of the story, photo and/or video (20%)
- The Submission’s heartwarming nature (20%)
The Judges will choose one (1) winner of the top-scoring Submission(s) based upon the Criteria. In the event of a tie, the tied Submissions will be judged based on the above Criteria by a tie-breaking judge selected by Sponsor. All Judges’ decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to choose an alternative winner in the event that a possible winner has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Each Participant acknowledges that other Participants may have created ideas and concepts contained in their Submission that may have familiarities or similarities to their Submission, and that they will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Released Parties because of these familiarities or similarities.
Sponsor or its representative may contact Participants for verification purposes and administration of the Contest. The winner will be chosen as specifically described; not using any random sweepstakes or method incorporating chance. If no Submissions meet the requirements set forth in the “How to Participate” section and/or no Submissions fully adhere to the Submission Requirements, no Submission will be selected as a winner.
To the extent required and allowed by applicable law, Sponsor will honor requests that the winner’s information not be published or posted online. If any Prize, Prize notification, or Contest-related communication is rejected, faulty, or undeliverable; or if the winner or a potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, the Prize may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) based on the original method of winner selection or other method that is fair in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not obligated to pursue more than three (3) alternate winners for the Prize for any reason, in which case the Prize may go unawarded. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures and applicable deadlines for responding in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winner, if any. If the Prize is legitimately claimed, it will be awarded. Upon Prize forfeiture or inability to use the Prize or portion of the Prize by the winner or a potential winner, Sponsor will have no responsibility or liability to that individual. To claim the Prize, the winner must follow the directions in the Prize notification. Failure to comply with Sponsor’s or its representative’s instructions, or these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in disqualification from this Contest and forfeiture of the Prize potentially won. Decisions of Sponsor are final on all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation of these Official Rules, determining the winners and awarding of the Prize.
8. Winner Notification: Once the selection of the winner is complete, the selected winner will be notified no later than 11:59 pm CT on February 6, 2024 via direct message on whichever Social Media Platform they commented or posted on in order to enter the Contest. Failure to respond within twelve (12) hours of receipt of the direct message may result in disqualification and awarding of Prize to another entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in a Participant’s contact information. Sponsor is not obligated to attempt to notify potential selected winners by any other method or means of communication. The selected winner may be required to complete and return a Form W-9 to Sponsor and to sign a release that: (i) releases the Released Parties from and against any and all harm, expense, loss, damage, liability, or injury resulting directly or indirectly from participating in the Contest or the award, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize awarded in the Contest; (ii) contains the selected winner’s acknowledgment and agreement to be bound by the Official Rules; and (iii) authorizes the Released Parties to use the selected winner’s and guests’ (if applicable) names, likeness, photographs, voices, images, and biographical data for advertising, promotional, or any other purpose, in any media (the “Release”). If the selected winner fails to complete and return a Form W-9 to Sponsor and/or sign the Release within twelve (12) hours of receipt, the selected winner may be disqualified.
9. License: By participating, except where prohibited by law, each Participant grants to the Released Parties (and their agents, successors, and assigns) the irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, edit, modify, copy, reproduce, and distribute Participant’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information, any quotes attributable to them, any other indicia of persona and the Submission (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Released Parties’ sole discretion) to administer the Contest and promote the Contest.
Each Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Participant and each of the Released Parties is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Participant’s decision to post a Submission for purposes of the Contest does not place any of the Released Parties in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to the Submission or any elements thereof, other than as set forth in these Official Rules. Each Participant understands and acknowledges that the Released Parties have wide access to ideas, text, images, posts and other creative materials. Each Participant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar to, or identical to their Submission and/or each other in idea, components, format, or other respects. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that such Participant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of any Released Party’s use of any such similar or identical material that has or may come to such Released Party from other sources. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor does not now and will not have in the future any duty or liability (direct or indirect; vicarious, contributory, or otherwise) with respect to the infringement or protection of the Participant’s copyright or other proprietary rights in and to their Submission. Each Participant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Participant relating to or arising out of a Released Party’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission, or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Participant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Participant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition, or other exploitation of any Released Party production or material, created or derived from a Submission, and Participant’s rights and remedies in any such event are strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
10. Release and Limitation of Liability: By entering this Contest and/or accepting the Prize, each Participant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify each of the Released Parties from and against any liability whatsoever for claims, causes of action, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest, including, but not limited to, any Contest-related activities, personal injury, death, damage to or loss of property, and the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded in this Contest. The winner agrees that the Prize is provided as-is without any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, whether now known or hereinafter enacted, relative to the use or enjoyment of the Prize, including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
Each Participant understands and agrees that all rights under section 1542 of the civil code of California and any similar law of any state or jurisdiction of the United States are hereby expressly waived by him/her. Section 1542 reads as follows: “Certain claims not affected by a general release. A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
11. Additional Disclaimers: Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Released Party, a Participant, or by human error: entries that are submitted by illegitimate means (such as, without limitation, by an automated computer program) or entries in excess of any stated limit; any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, garbled, mutilated, or misdirected entries, email, mail, or Contest-related correspondence or materials; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos, or misprints in these Rules or the Contest Announcement, in any Contest-related advertisements, or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware, or software; lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or entry information. Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable or do not reach Participant as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in a Participant’s account(s) to receive email messages. Released Parties are not responsible and may disqualify you if your contact information does not work or is changed without prior written notice to Sponsor. Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any Participant or winner or any person claiming through such Participant or winner for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Contest activities or Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, pandemic, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that all matters arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Illinois, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, you further agree that: (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held in Chicago, Illinois; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
13. General Terms:
- Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest, including interpretation of these Official Rules, determination of any winner, and awarding of the Prize. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy, or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the, and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy in these Official Rules), it will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in any Contest materials including these Official Rules.
- All Participants, as a condition of entry in the Contest, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Participants further agree to not damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from using any of the Social Media Platforms.
- Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void online entries or participation from any IP address if any suspicious entry and/or participation is detected. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If Sponsor determines, at any time and in its sole discretion, that a Winner or potential Winner is disqualified, ineligible, in violation of these Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that Winner or potential Winner, even if the disqualified Winner or potential Winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere. If any person supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize, Sponsor may disqualify that person and seek damages from them and that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In the event of a dispute concerning who posted a Submission, the “Participant” will be declared to be the natural person who is the account holder of the Instagram account used to make the post. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, in its sole discretion, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Caution: Any attempt to damage any online service or website or to undermine the legitimate operation of a contest violates criminal and civil laws. If such an attempt is made, Sponsor may disqualify any participant making such attempt and may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sponsor’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest and award the prize from eligible entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
- If any person supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize, Sponsor may disqualify that person and seek damages from them and that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In the event of a dispute concerning who posted a Submission, the “Participant” will be declared to be the natural person who is the account holder of the Instagram account used to make the post. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, in its sole discretion, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Caution: Any attempt to damage any online service or website or to undermine the legitimate operation of a contest violates criminal and civil laws. If such an attempt is made, Sponsor may disqualify any participant making such attempt and may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by Sponsor within fourteen (14) days following the end of the Vivid Seats Ultimate Father Daughter Fan Contest to Vivid Seats LLC, 24 East Washington Street, 9th Floor, Chicago, IL 60602, Attention: Legal.