Super Bowl XLVIII
After months of speculation, sports fans finally have their answer as to which two teams will have the honor of competing in historic Super Bowl XLVIII. With the conference championship games in the books, the Feb. 2 showdown at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., will officially feature a pair of No. 1 seeds in the offensively charged Denver Broncos and defensively sound Seattle Seahawks.
Team & Personnel Notes:
- Previous Super Bowl Appearances: Denver - 6 ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98), Seattle – 1 ('05)
- Super Bowls Won: Denver – 2 ('97, '98)
- Both the Broncos and Seahawks won their respective divisions and finished with identical 13-3 regular season records
- Broncos QB Peyton Manning will attempt to become the first starting quarterback to win a Super Bowl title with two different teams (won with the Colts during the 2006 season)
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, who was a senior in high school the year Manning won his first and only Super Bowl, will be the sixth quarterback to start in a Super Bowl in either his first or second NFL season
- Broncos' John Fox is the sixth head coach to lead multiple teams to a Super Bowl (led the Panthers to SB XXXVIII)
- Seahawks' Pete Carroll will attempt to become just the third head coach to win both an NCAA national title and Super Bowl
- Top seeds have only met in the Super Bowl twice in the past 20 seasons, with the last time coming during the 2009 season (Saints def. Colts, 31-17)
- It will be the fifth time overall (since 1970) and first time since the 1990 season that the NFL's top-scoring offense (Denver) and defense (Seattle) faced off in the Super Bowl
Information courtesy of ESPN Stats and Information
*Special Note Regarding Super Bowl Tailgating and Transportation:
Several announcements have been made in advance of Super Bowl 2014 regarding tailgating and transportation. Per the event committee, fans will be prohibited from tailgating in the MetLife Stadium parking lot prior to the game. Additionally, all fans attending the Super Bowl are prohibited from walking to the venue and there will not be any drop-off areas for limos or taxis. While parking passes can be purchased, they will run you at least $150, and the congestion and traffic caused from road closings and other factors may prevent guests from arriving to the game on time…
…Instead, allow Vivid Seats to take care of the pregame festivities and transportation.
2014 Super Bowl Packages and Game Day Tailgate from Vivid Seats
From the location to the teams and players involved, Super Bowl 48 promises to offer a truly unique experience for even the most seasoned sports fan. No need to worry about coordinating plans ahead of the big game, as Vivid Seats has lined up exclusive Super Bowl packages complete with customizable features, in addition to a Game Day Tailgate that may be purchased separately as well.
*Regardless of which Vivid Seats option you choose, round-trip transportation is included on game day (see below for more details).
Option 1: Super Bowl Hotel Packages – Buy online or call 866.710.8304
- Super Bowl Tickets
- Four-night stay at the Hyatt 48 LEX Hotel (Located within walking distance to Grand Central Station and Super Bowl Boulevard)
- Admission to the Vivid Seats Game Day Tailgate on Feb. 2, which includes premium catering, open bar, and entertainment in a heated event tent just across from MetLife Stadium
- Round-trip transportation to and from the Vivid Seats Game Day Tailgate and Super Bowl 48
- Official Super Bowl XLVIII merchandise gift bag
- Complimentary breakfast pastries and coffee in LEX Lounge each morning
Leather and Laces Party
Super Bowl Taste of NFL Tailgate
Super Bowl NFL Tailgate Party, Feb. 2
Miami Heat at New York Knicks, Feb. 1
Extra Nights at Hotel
More Information Regarding Transportation Included with Vivid Seats Super Bowl Packages:
- On Feb. 2, a luxury coach bus will depart from the Hyatt 48 LEX Hotel
- Guests will be dropped off at the Vivid Seats Game Day Tailgate located approximately 1.5 miles from MetLife Stadium and featuring a full-service, heated event tent with open bar, catering, and entertainment
- Guests will re-board coach bus and will be dropped off on MetLife Stadium property
- Guests will re-board coach bus in the same location following the conclusion of the game - unless otherwise notified via email and phone call - and will be returned directly back to the Hyatt 48 LEX Hotel
Option 2: Vivid Seats Game Day Tailgate – Buy online or call 866.848.8499
Game Day Tailgate Information:
- When: Sunday, Feb. 2
- Where: Fully heated event tent outside of Redd’s Restaurant & Bar (317 Washington Avenue, Carlstadt, NJ 07072)
- Transportation: Unlimited parking for busses and cars, valet parking. Complimentary shuttle to and from MetLife Stadium
- Menu: Premium food and drinks including sliders, BBQ ribs, wings, chicken fingers, Italian Hero, pulled pork BBQ sliders, brats, and more.
- TVs, interactive entertainment, and more available throughout the day
More Information Regarding Transportation Included with Vivid Seats Game Day Tailgate:
- Guests will valet their own cars at the tailgate beginning at noon local time, but are strongly advised to arrive early to avoid traffic and other potential hassles.
- Guests will board a shuttle from the tailgate to MetLife Stadium.
- Guests will re-board shuttle following the conclusion of the game and will be returned to the tailgate location to retrieve their car from valet.